This ad is expired.
- Go to our website »
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern Washington University, a regional, comprehensive public university with an enrollment of over 10,000 students, is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington, each governed by its own board of trustees. EWUs 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 12,000 residents 16 miles southwest of Washingtons second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the innovative, energy-efficient Catalyst building and at Riverpoint, a campus shared with Washington State University. In addition, EWU programs can be found at select locations throughout the state, aligned with the needs of the community. Eastern contributes to the vitality of the region and the state through its wide array of bachelors and masters degrees in over 100 fields of study, as well as applied doctorates in physical therapy and educational leadership, offering accessible pathways to career success and personal development to students of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Tribal Land Acknowledgement
Eastern Washington University resides within the traditional homelands of the Spokane People and other tribes who are connected through their shared history of this region. This land holds their cultural DNA and it is their Ancestors who are here and bring forth the knowledge of this place-the knowledge that comes from the land.
- Eastern Washington University is currently seeking an Electrician to join our team. As an integral member of our growing Maintenance and Facilities Department this person will be responsible for maintaining, repairing and advancing electrical components and devices of the interior and exterior of all our buildings within our beautiful 300 acre campus.
- The primary functions of this position is to perform journey level electrical installation and maintenance, assist with high voltage electrical work, perform maintenance, repair and related testing of fire alarm and security systems. Perform installation, maintenance and repair of kitchen equipment, and other University electrical equipment. Installation, repair and maintenance of street and walkway lighting.
- On top of salary, the university offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 13 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses. For additional information regarding insurance benefits please see our Benefits page: https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/benefits/insurance/.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Drivers License
- Current Washington State EL01 Journeyman Electrician License
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship as an Electrician; or full journey status as an electrician in an union; or four years applicable work experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience in a construction and remodel of light commercial and multi-family residential electrical systems.
- High voltage experience is a plus.
- Current Washington State CDL
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of safe work practices
- Excellent customer service skills, professional and courteous demeanor
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-placement physical.
- During the course of university employment this position will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
- All new employees must comply with EWU immunization Policy 602-02 and provide proof of immunity or vaccination to MMR.
- This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Salary Information: $62,892 - $72,924
Please note that in addition to the salary range listed, a wage increase of 4% will be applied to this position effective July 1, 2023.
Posting Date: 05/12/2023
Open Until Further Notice: No
Closing Date: 5/29/2023
Screening to Begin: 05/30/2023
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/10603
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency